As the ground begins to thaw and the flowers blossom, it is a good time of year to review and access your critical infrastructure.
Here are some of our top tips:
- Keep a close eye for any drainage backups resulting from a buildup of grease and tree root grow.
- Manholes and catch basins should be inspected for any debris or structural damage.
- Check sewage and sump pumps to ensure they are in good working order.
- Exercise valves to ensure they do not seize up.
- Send out notices to remind residents not to flush any sanitary wipes down the toilets.
Pipe Shield would be happy to support you with your pipe lining and plumbing needs including High Pressure Flushing, CCTV Video Inspections, Backflow Prevention Installation and Kitchen Stack Cleaning.
We are available 24/7 for any emergency services.
Happy Holidays & Enjoy the Season
We wish to extend our best wishes for a happy holiday season and a new year filled with Peace, Joy and Success.
From Your Friends At Pipe Shield
If you are going on vacation for an extended period of time, here are a few suggestions for keeping your home safe and worry free while you are away:
- Consider turning off the main water supply to your home. This valve is usually located in your basement. If you do decide to turn off the main water supply make sure your also turn off any appliances that use water such as an icemaker or fridge water dispenser.
- Pour 1 litre of water down any floor drains to insure the plumbing trap is full so you will not come home to any unpleasant odours.
- Check your water heater for rust and leaks. Look on the floor near the water heater for evidence of a leak.
- Have a friend or family member check on your home every few days or so to remove any flyers and newspapers while you are gone. They can also conduct a visual of your property at the same time.
- Unplug any electronic devices to conserve electricity and protect them against damage if there is a power surge or lightning strike.
- Unplug your garage door opener. Thieves have ways of using hacked remotes and universal remotes.
- Don’t post on line that you are leaving on vacation for an extended period of time! The reasons are obvious, if you post you may be sending strangers an invitation to break into your home.
By taking the time to inspect your home before leaving and preforming some or all of these tips, you should be able to come home to a safe and dry House!
This week marks Pipe Shield’s 32nd Anniversary. Our founder and technical consultant, Brad Arnold, has played a pivotal role in shaping the company’s great success. From all of us at Pipe Shield, we thank all of our past and present customers for their trust in us and we look forward to supporting your plumbing, drain and pipe rehabilitation needs in the future.
We were honored to have Brad Arnold present at the monthly ACMO luncheon last week on the topic “Aging Condominium Buildings: Pipe Replacement VS Rehabilitation”. Moderated by Sally Thompson of Synergy Partners, Brad Arnold of Pipe Shield and Sam Soltani of Trace Engineering did an excellent job discussing pipe lining and replacement options for condo’s domestic water piping systems.
Other areas discussed were the ability to epoxy line drainage piping (underground piping, vertical stacks and eliminating tree roots) with Pipe Shield’s CIPP lining technology as well as replacement of Kitec piping.
The luncheon was a great opportunity to connect with familiar faces and meeting new professionals in the industry.
The Water Research Foundation (a not-for-profit research cooperative) recently released a study evaluating the use of lining and coating technologies for lead service lines. The study was discussed and featured in this month’s Municipal Sewer & Water Magazine.
Pipe Shield has multiple technologies to line lead service lines including our Pipe Shield AN500™ Epoxy & Neofit Potable Water Pipe Relining. If you have any lead service lines that are in poor condition and require rehabilitation, please contact us.
The Water Research Foundation 331 page study can be found here.
Pipe Shield will be attending the Hamilton & District Apartment Association Trade Show On Thursday (March 30th) at the Michelangelo Banquet Centre (1555 Upper Ottawa Street, Hamilton ON). We are very excited to be featured at this event as well as a VIP event sponsor.
The trade show is free to attend and opens at 6:30pm. We look forward to seeing familiar faces and meeting new professionals in the industry.
Pipe Shield will be attending ACMO’s Burlington Regional Conference Tomorrow (February 3rd) at the Burlington Convention Centre. We are very excited to be featured at this event.
Please visit us at Table #9. We look forward to seeing familiar faces and meeting new professionals in the industry.
8:00 a.m. – Registration/Breakfast with Exhibitors
9:00 a.m. – Opening Remarks
9:15 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. – Defibrillators – Increasing the Chance of Survival
10:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. – Break with Exhibitors
10:15 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. – Engineering Panel – Building Restoration
11:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. – Break with Exhibitors
11:15 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – How to be a Professional
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. – Lunch with Exhibitors
1:00 p.m. to 1:45 p.m. – New Condominium Corporations – What You Need to Know
1:45 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. – Break with Exhibitors
2:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. – Legal Panel
3:15 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. – Closing Remarks
Pipe Shield was featured at the 2016 PM Expo at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre on Nov. 29 to Dec. 2. We held our draw this morning for a set of Toronto Maple Leaf tickets based on the individuals that visited our booth and Jeff B. of Windsor Essex Community Housing Corporation was our big winner.
Congratulations Jeff and happy holidays.
Enjoy the game!!!
Pipe Shield exhibited at the 20th Annual Condominium Conference on November 11-12, 2016. We recently held our draw for a set of Toronto Maple Leaf tickets based on the individuals that visited our boot and Edgar F. of WSP Group was our big winner.